PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- By providing your Personal Data: your name, gender, age, date of birth, nationality, identity card number, contact details, occupation, preferences, interests and/or other information relevant to the purposes as listed below to STI via internet or otherwise, you are hereby agreed that STI shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing you with services under any STI’s business;
- processing your application under any STI’s programme;
- marketing of goods and services and sending any advertising and/or promotional material to you;
- conducting research on new goods and services for you;
- carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law;
- notifying you of special offers or new products, updates and promotions;
- performing statistical and analysis in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and providing this information to advertisers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
- You further agree that STI can disclose and transfer to STI’s agents, partners, advertisers, network operators, associated companies, any relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to STI, any company within its group, any referee whose details are provided by you and any of STI’s actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Guardian’s rights with respect to you to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of A1 herein for and on behalf of STI.
- STI will also use your Personal Data to send you promotional information about other third parties which we think you may find interesting. If you do not want to receive such information or for us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for any of the purposes under A1, you may contact or write to us.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by STI as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in A1 herein or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect STI’s interests.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data sent or posted to any part of the site will be deemed voluntarily provided to STI on a non-confidential basis. STI reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- All reasonable efforts and practical steps are made to ensure that any Personal Data held by STI is kept up-to-date and is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
- Our website may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as by clicking on an advertisement, you leave our web site and STI does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left our web site.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by STI on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
- Guardian reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of your personal data request.